Alliance magazine will be hosting our next Breakfast Club in London at the Charities Aid Foundation to discuss human rights and philanthropy. This event will take place on Thursday 26 September 2019 at 08:30 GMT.
The rise to power of populist regimes, growing social and economic inequalities, and the dismantling of international norms mean that human rights are facing a backlash. Emerging technologies provide both new risks and opportunities. What should philanthropists do to protect the gains of the past 20-30 years and build a movement fit for the future?
- Julie Broome, guest editor of September issue and Director, Ariadne
- John Kabia, guest editor of September issue and Program Officer for Thematic Initiatives, Fund for Global Human Rights
- Deborah Doane, partner, Rights CoLab
- How bad is the global human rights predicament?
- Who are the major human rights funders and what are their priorities?
- Is the human rights movement being unfairly blamed for forces beyond its control and resources?
- Should philanthropy do more to support ‘bread and butter’ issues – namely, economic and social rights?
Click here to register for this event, and to find out more.
Note: Alliance is now charging £25 for non-subscribers to attend our Breakfast Clubs. This fee helps to keep Alliance magazine sustainable and independent, allowing us to bring improved events year round. If you do not yet subscribe, you can do so at a 20 per cent Breakfast Club discount to attend. Simply email Amy McGoldrick to find out more, or quote “BREAKFAST CLUB 20” in the subject line to subscribe.
Hope to see you there!
The post Register to attend the next Alliance Breakfast Club: #HumanRights appeared first on Alliance magazine.
Source: Alliance magazine