Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. With over 2000 brands, Nestlé products are sold across 190 countries and range from global icons to local favorites.
Creating Shared Value is fundamental to how Nestlé does business. The company believes that in order to be successful in the long term, it must create value for both shareholders and for society. This means creating superior, long-term value for shareholders by offering products and services that help people improve their nutrition, health, and wellness.
The company’s Creating Shared Value and meeting our commitments 2018 Progress report provides an update against a set of publicly undertaken commitments towards 2020.
From offering healthy and tasty products, and contributing to the wellbeing of communities along its value chain, to minimizing its environmental impact, the 2018 report documents the achievements, as well as challenges involved for the company.
- Over 1300 new nutritious products launched for babies, kids, expecting women and new moms.
- 170 million portions of vegetables added to foods and beverages.
- 440 000 farmers trained through capacity-building programs.
- 63% of the volume of 14 priority ingredients responsibly sourced.
- 38.2% reduction in GHG emissions per tonne of product since 2008.
- 293 factories achieving zero waste for disposal.
- 34% of electricity generated from renewable sources.
Read more about how Nestlé is Creating Shared Value at www.nestle.com/csv
+41 21 924 2200
Tweet me: Check out @Nestle’s 2018 Creating Shared Value report to see how they are contributing to the wellbeing of communities along their value chain & minimizing their environmental impact http://bit.ly/2uiGrJ2 via @ReportAlert